From the time the last game is played at the stadium in October til the first game come around in early February, the workers at the stadium are always making something happen. Let’s review a few of the obvious changes….
- All of the fields now have a press box. This will be used for video capabilities as well as for workers. The press boxes have been built and painted and prepared for use come February 1st.
- As you know, we had 4 fields this past year and when the season kicks off in February, we will have a fifth field ready to roll.
- And with that field being put into play, the announcement has just been made that we will be embarking on four more fields in the next year.
- You will find more concession stands and bathrooms down near fields 3, 4 and 5 and you will also find that the bathrooms at the stadium have received a major upgrade.
- Other things that might not be quite as obvious, the railing on the stadium field has been reworked and padded for safety and hours upon hours have been put in removing things like sun flower seeds from the fields. With this in mind, you can help by not using seeds on or near the turf.
- We have also had drainage systems installed on a couple of fields to help in case we have rain and the entire complex received an upgrade when it comes to having grass planted.
I could go on forever but I need to tell you the biggest change coming when the season kicks off at USA Stadium is that we will be partnering with HICast which is a subscription service that provides live feeds from all feeds to the HiCast subscription service. Games can be watched in real time by individuals who cannot be at the park but even one better, highlight clips can be pulled immediately and posted to various social media channels. And if that’s not enough good news, if you have a subscription to the service, individuals can go back and watch games after they have been played and still have the ability to produce highlight reels for the teams and players.
There is just way too much for me to tell you about the things happening at USA Stadium so definitely you need to make a trip to the stadium to see for yourself.
We are always open to compliments or complaints so please feel free to reach out to me at the park if you have something you would like to say. You can reach me at [email protected] or via phone/text at 901-581-6333.
We look forward to seeing you soon!